Cloud Network Engineer wanted for systematic arm of globally recognised hedge fund in their New York office. Come and join the technology operations team which has a hugely varied project portfolio, including infrastructure & application production support and operations of the trading platform, health monitoring, operational procedures set-up (including playbooks/run books), as well as building CI/CD pipelines, observability framework including dashboards with multiple level of granularity, and many more.
In this role, you'll be responsible for all aspects of firewall administration, including hardware, operating systems, encryption tunnels, VPN, day-to-day operations of firewall rule sets. Working closely with platform & business application engineering teams and stakeholders across the business, you'll design network solutions to meet internal customers' needs, and bridge the gap between development and operations with a strong focus on 'Infrastructure as Code'.
The successful Cloud Network Engineer will possess strong knowledge & hands-on experience of cloud operations, databases, with the programming/scripting experience to build CI/CD and observability frameworks, plus troubleshooting and technical issue investigation skills. Requirements
- 5+ years' hands-on experience implementing large-scale networks, including migrating and/or extending on-prem networks to the cloud
- Significant troubleshooting experience solving networking issues
- Experience with Load Balancers f5, Citrix
- Proven deep knowledge & understanding of cloud technologies, e.g. IaaS, PaaS, SDNs, NFV, Openstack, and other emerging technologies
- Experience with Firewalls and ACLs (NSX, Cisco, Juniper, PaloAlto, Checkpoint, Fortinet), and IDS/IPS (Snourt/Sourcefire, Tippingpoint)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject
- Finance experience beneficial but not required
- Work directly with all parts of the fund
- Market-leading salaries + bonus
- Entrepreneurial feel of a small firm with the infrastructure, technology and support that comes with a large company
- Inclusive, collaborative work culture
If you think you are a suitable candidate for the role and would like further info, please contact: Daniel Boer