Controllers, Associate, SEC Financial Reporting, New York
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail. SEC FINANCIAL REPORTING
SEC Financial Reporting is a group within Financial Reporting responsible for preparing the firm's quarterly and annual SEC filings (i.e., 10-Q, 10-K). The team interfaces with global product controllers, Legal Entity Controllers (LECs), Accounting Policy, Legal, Funding, Treasury, Credit Risk, Market Risk and various other teams across the firm. In addition, the team participates in and frequently sponsors ad-hoc projects with various departments across GS in order to address new accounting pronouncements and other regulations, and to improve the overall efficiency of the reporting process. The team also frequently interacts with the EO and Investor Relations and support them with their new initiatives on investor disclosures. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Principal Responsibilities:
The individual will assist in the preparation of the firm's quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements that are filed with the SEC. This will include significant interaction with various finance teams across the firm, including global product controllers, LECs, Accounting Policy, Legal, Funding, Treasury, Credit Risk, Market Risk and various other teams across the firm. The individual will be involved in a leadership capacity in cross-functional projects, such as implementing new accounting standards, developing procedures to comply with new pronouncements, updating policies and procedures, system integrations, and proposing improvements and efficiencies to existing reporting processes.
The Associate's areas of responsibility will include:
- Preparation and review of the firm's quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements, footnotes and iXBRL filings
- Obtaining a thorough understanding of accounting standards relevant to the disclosures in the 10-Q/K and ensure compliance with the requirements
- Preparation and review of financial statement and disclosure review packages
- Coordination of quarterly disclosure meeting with stakeholders
- Acting as a liaison between LECs, Product Controllers, Management Reporting & Analysis, Accounting Policy and other internal departments in order to ensure that reporting requirements are satisfied
- Responsible for providing guidance to LECs and Product Controllers and other finance team on quarter-end deliverables
- Identifying development areas and proposing solutions aimed at improving the process by which information is collected, analyzed and controlled
- Managing and leading junior and team members
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Degree in Accounting (CPA preferred)
- 4-7+ years relevant work experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and multi-tasking skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced environment under challenging deadlines
- Strong Excel and Word skills
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Salary Range
The expected base salary for this New York, New York, United States-based position is $85000-$140000. In addition, you may be eligible for a discretionary bonus if you are an active employee as of fiscal year-end. Benefits
Goldman Sachs is committed to providing our people with valuable and competitive benefits and wellness offerings, as it is a core part of providing a strong overall employee experience. A summary of these offerings, which are generally available to active, non-temporary, full-time and part-time US employees who work at least 20 hours per week, can be found here .