Summary of the Position:
The Fund Controller will partner with our client’s leaders to manage the firm’s financial reporting responsibilities for its investment funds. The controller will also play an integral role in developing and executing policies and controls for the firm’s growing portfolio. This individual will play a key role in building this best-in-class function and supporting business decision making.
- Responsible for the overall management of the quarterly financial reporting process for the firm’s portfolio of funds.
- Implement and maintain strong internal controls to ensure compliance with accounting standards and best practices.
- Manage annual audit processes including reviewing audit workpapers, coordinating deliverables from various teams, and reviewing technical accounting inquiries.
- Maintain system of record storing data and support to inform estimated credit loss models.
- Day-to-day accounting operations including booking journal entries and reviewing supporting schedules.
- Partner with legal and compliance teams to ensure adherence to regulations and reporting requirements.
- Strengthen current accounting processes and evaluate software solutions to improve business outcomes.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Accounting Major or equivalent accounting experience
- CPA preferred
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in accounting (public or private)
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Demonstrated ability to implement lean processes
- Superior organizational, process management and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products and expert level skills in Excel
- Experience working with general ledger-based ERP systems
- Advanced time management skills to handle multiple deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- $140-175k on a Base + Bonus + Excellent Benefits