Internal Audit - Goldman Sachs Asset Management Division (GSAM) Duties:
As the third line of defense, Internal Audit's (IA) mission is to independently assess the firm's overall control environment, including the firm's governance processes and controls, risk management, and anti-financial crime frameworks. In doing so, IA communicates and reports on the effectiveness of the firm's governance, risk management and controls that mitigate current and evolving risk; raise awareness of control risk; assesses the firm's control culture and conduct risks; and monitors management's implementation of control measures.
As part of the team, you will participate in planning and scoping of Asset Management Division (AMD) reviews, meet with the stakeholders within the area being reviewed to understand the business and technology processes, and identify the key risks and controls to be assessed. In addition, you will participate in the following responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of AMD business areas, its products, and supporting functions
- Execute audit testing and supervise junior team members to ensure audit fieldwork is focused on the right areas and documentation meets high quality standards
- Identify risks, assess mitigating controls, and make recommendations on improving the control environment
- Prepare commercially effective audit conclusions and findings, and present to IA senior management and business stakeholders
- Follow-up on open audit issues and their resolution
- Participate in department-wide initiatives aimed at continually improving IA's processes and supporting infrastructure
- B achelor's degree (U.S. or foreign equivalent) in accounting, economics, finance, quantitative discipline or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in the job offered or in a related role (public accounting, internal audit role or a related control function within the financial services industry).
- T eam-oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
The expected base salary for this New York, New York, United States-based position is $85000-$140000. In addition, you may be eligible for a discretionary bonus if you are an active employee as of fiscal year-end. Benefits
Goldman Sachs is committed to providing our people with valuable and competitive benefits and wellness offerings, as it is a core part of providing a strong overall employee experience. A summary of these offerings, which are generally available to active, non-temporary, full-time and part-time US employees who work at least 20 hours per week, can be found here .