Our client, a Communications Company, is seeking an Internal Controller in their New York, NY location.
- Key contact for data governance for various business units, provides key support for resolving any operational issues that arise.
- Enforces the WPP Policies, business processes and continuous improvement of master data
- Ensures SOX compliance is strictly adhered to.
- Creation and maintenance is strictly adhered to, ensuring that the working practices are in line with the global operating model and standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for working with our internal stakeholders for any new vendors or customers to be added in our systems.
- Monitors the standards, procedures, and guidelines concerning data access; responsible for resolving exceptions to standard procedures.
- Provides up to date documentation, descriptions, and flow diagrams, ensuring any changes to the business rules on master data are documented and communicated effectively.
- Sets strategic standards for master data and its attributes, such as metrics and KPIs, and monitors quality for compliance.
- Drive standardizing of Master Data Management governance and MDM processes.
- Master and develop subject matter expertise for all financial and reporting systems.
- Ensures security and compliance for data is defined, that adheres to privacy laws, industry regulations, and corporate compliance mandates.
- Develop key business operations and internal processes, ensure and monitor compliance.
- 3-5 years of work experience in Accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent
- Microsoft Excel
- SOX experience is a definite asset