A NY based insurance company with an active investment management arm is looking for an experienced investment accountant. The role requires the candidate to have in depth knowledge of structured securities such as MBS, ABS and CLOs, mortgage loans, and private credit investments as well as proven experience working on insurance industry statutory reporting (NAIC) and GAAP accounting.
- Provide accurate recording and accounting for firm wide investment activities.
- Prepare and oversee statutory compliance and investment reporting for the firm.
- Prepare the “Blue Books” (IMR, AVR) for the firm.
- Resident subject matter expert on GAAP accounting and NAIC risk-based capital reporting
- Work closely with the firm’s portfolio managers, investment accounting and finance team.
- BS or MS in Accounting and 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience using insurance industry statutory accounting and compliance software (Wings)
- Deep understanding of statutory and GAAP accounting
- Superior mathematical and communication skills
- Must be able to work in a time sensitive environment, with many diverse business partners.
Keywords: Investment Accounting, Insurance Accounting, GAAP, NAIC, Excel
Base Salary Range: $150,000-$200,000. This represents the presently anticipated low and high end of the Company’s base salary range for this position. The actual base salary range may vary based on various factors, including but not limited to location and experience.
Total Direct Compensation: This job is also eligible for discretionary bonus and incentive compensation on an annual basis.
Please send resume to Jim Geiger email@example.com