The Legal Department seeks a Senior Attorney to support the firm's Structured Finance and Mortgage businesses. These are multi-strategy businesses that acquire, originate finance, trade/make markets in, advise on and engage in various financing and securities transactions involving commercial and residential mortgage loans, corporate loans (CLOs), secured and unsecured consumer and Fintech loans, transportation loans and leases and other esoteric assets. Principal Responsibilities:
- Advise and counsel the business teams on all aspects of complex transactions across asset classes
- Identify and address legal, reputational, and commercial risks
- Lead advocacy and implementation of regulatory reform (Dodd Frank, LIBOR Transition, Reg AB II and other relevant regulations)
- Manage external counsel
- Assist in the creation and implementation of firm policies, procedures and guidelines
- Provide subject matter expertise on regulatory and litigation matters relating to structured finance and mortgages
- Collaborate with internal control functions including legal, conflicts, compliance and controllers to ensure consistency of coverage and adherence to firm policies, procedures and best practices
- 6+ years of post-JD, transaction-based legal experience at a law firm, investment bank, mortgage company or other financial institution
- Strong substantive knowledge and significant experience in structured finance and capital markets including financing, asset acquisition and securitization transactions
- Experience representing underwriters, issuers, sponsors and/ or managers in a wide range of CMBS, RMBS, CLO, consumer loans and other asset-backed financings, consisting of registered public offerings, exempt transactions and cross border offerings
- Familiarity with broker-dealer regulation, Dodd Frank, Reg AB, CFPB, state and federal regulations impacting various fixed income and derivative products and asset classes (RMBS, CMBS, CLO, consumer loans, CDS, ABS, TRS, etc.).
- Possess excellent time management/organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple transactions with competing deadlines
- Motivation to expand skill set and excel in a fast paced and rapidly changing business environment with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication/presentation skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong self-confidence, good judgement, sound decision making and problem-solving skills
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Salary Range
The expected base salary for this New York, New York, United States-based position is $170000-$270000. In addition, you may be eligible for a discretionary bonus if you are an active employee as of fiscal year-end. Benefits
Goldman Sachs is committed to providing our people with valuable and competitive benefits and wellness offerings, as it is a core part of providing a strong overall employee experience. A summary of these offerings, which are generally available to active, non-temporary, full-time and part-time US employees who work at least 20 hours per week, can be found here .