Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) provides Terminal users with in-depth analysis, commentary and data sets on over 135 industries and 2,000 companies across ten major sectors - as well as the government, credit and litigation factors that impact decision making.
Research that generates creative investment ideas and simplifies strategic and financing recommendations - by investment professionals, for investment professionals. That's intelligence our clients can count on.
What's in it for you:
We're looking for a research professional that will be responsible for analyzing and writing on the rapidly changing Fixed Income Market Structure. While other analysts analyze the fundamentals of different instruments, this role will be to analyze the trading infrastructure needed to match buyers and sellers such as RFQ, order book and sessions. The candidate will also be responsible for looking at infrastructure based initiatives such as the SEC's transparency, ATS, and clearing proposals and writing on the impact of these and other major initiatives.
While this is a research role and writing is important, you will also have the exciting opportunity to discuss your research with clients, develop presentations, and speak at industry events! Bloomberg is the premier global market platform, and we have distribution to virtually all institutional brokers and asset managers, so your research will be distributed globally.
We'll trust you to:
If this sounds like you:
- Leverage your knowledge of fixed income trading, tools and infrastructure and determine which data to analyze, capture, and secure for our dashboard as well as write on what this data means.
- Monitor, interpret and react to major industry developments and identify macro themes and trends affecting these firms.
- Analyze the impact of increasing risk in the market given a volatile rate environment and its affect on market participants.
- Work closely with our global team of Bloomberg Intelligence analysts and strategists located in Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, London and New York to coordinate and collaborate on analysis. Team collaboration is very important!
- Develop and maintain relationships with investors, industry and market professionals, coin creators, and senior management at crypto exchanges and companies.
- Participate and initiate marketing events like webinars, round-tables and conferences to commercialize research ideas.
- Work with Global Data teams to ensure data completeness and quality control for existing and new data sets of target companies.
You need to have:
- A minimum of 5+ years of fixed income trading/tech/strategy experience, specializing in infrastructure including trading platforms, protocols, hedging strategies, clearing, and other fixed income infrastructure
- Experience in a sell- or buy-side research analysis or strategy role
- Demonstrated knowledge of fixed income infrastructures
- Exceptional primary research and writing skills.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, independent thinker and collaborative team player.
- Strong organization skills, and capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects.
- Bachelor's degree is required and a Master's degree is a plus, or equivalent experience.
- Fluency in English, verbal and written
- Demonstrated continuous career growth in a role within an organization
- The location of this job is in New York and the candidate will need to be in the office at least three days a week, with flexibility for more if possible
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/ .
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary Range: 150,000 - 210,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.
We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.