Operations Engineer wanted for systematic arm of globally recognised hedge fund in their New York office. Come and join the technology operations team which has a hugely varied project portfolio, including infrastructure & application production support and operations of the trading platform, health monitoring, operational procedures set-up (including playbooks/run books), as well as building CI/CD pipelines, observability framework including dashboards with multiple level of granularity, and many more.
In this role, you'll be responsible for production support & operations of highly scalable and reliable data, research, & trading ecosystems. Working closely with platform & business application engineering teams and stakeholders across the business, you'll contribute to platform & application design, and develop and implement a global support model.
The successful Operations Engineer will possess strong knowledge & hands-on experience of cloud operations, databases, with the programming/scripting experience to build CI/CD and observability frameworks, plus troubleshooting and technical issue investigation skills. Requirements
- 3+ years' hands-on experience in operations and production support across trading infrastructure and applications
- Solid experience with automation and container technologies
- Experience with asynchronous messaging, network/transport protocols
- Good knowledge of DevOps best practices and creating CI/CD pipeline, Gitlab, etc.
- Strong Linux skills, Python, AWS, coding and release management
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Understanding of databases & HPC technologies
- Data, Trading applications production support
- Work directly with all parts of the fund
- Market-leading salaries + bonus
- Entrepreneurial feel of a small firm with the infrastructure, technology and support that comes with a large company
- Inclusive, collaborative work culture
If you think you are a suitable candidate for the role and would like further info, please contact: Daniel Boer