Industry-leading market maker using innovative and cutting-edge technology, with data at the core of the investment process, looking for an SRE with coding experience to work on trading analytics. Great opportunity for a creative problem-solver to work on delivering robust platforms and applications for research, trading and risk management.
Working in partnership with trading, quant research and engineering teams, you'll be responsible for the full lifecycle of innovative platforms - building them from scratch in a variety of languages and technologies, backed by rigorous automated testing, release and deployment. You'll own production services and be tasked with debugging live issues, as well as working with a wide variety of open source and proprietary tools to meet the challenges of this important role.
The successful candidate will enjoy working closely with the business to understand their practices and requirements in detail, and have the ability to automate, containerize, monitor and ensure the stability of their applications in a demanding environment. Requirements
Benefits & Incentives
- Strong experience with public cloud deployments, management & automation, plus monitoring/logging platforms like Splunk, Datadog, Grafana, Prometheus, etc.
- Programming skills in high-level language, e.g. Python, Go
- In-depth experience with SDLC, e.g. tracking and scm (Git, JIRA), agile processes, CI/CD, etc.
- Sound experience working in a distributed/scalable environment
- Creative problem-solver, multitasking capability while under pressure
- Exposure to Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience of having built something from scratch would be ideal
- Significant salary + bonus + benefits
- Relaxed, informal yet highly rewarding work culture where great ideas are encouraged
- Tackle some of the toughest problems in the industry alongside the brightest minds
- A community that values hard work as well as work-life balance
If this sounds like you, or you'd like to know more, please get in touch: Alex Hopkinson