Summary of the Position:
The Senior Associate will be responsible for operating a designated portfolio of funds and supporting the financial reporting function for the firm’s entire portfolio of funds. Responsibilities include managing transactions and cash flow of designated funds, tracking and recording activities of the funds, preparing financial reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain the daily operational and fund administration requirements of select funds including cash management and processing.
- Work with third party fund administrators to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting by the administrator.
- Prepare reconciliation and schedules supporting asset, liability, and equity accounts for select funds.
- Provide accounting support activities for the portfolio of funds and work with colleagues to facilitate the quarterly financial reporting process.
- Formulate fund workpapers for designated funds and review workpapers for the portfolio of funds prepared by colleagues.
- Prepare and/or review quarterly trial balances, annual financial statements, and footnotes.
- Strengthen current accounting and operating processes and evaluate software solutions to drive improved business outcomes.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years accounting experience with a strong desire to be in fund accounting/operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- CPA candidate preferred, but not required
- Very strong Excel skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Proactive, resourceful, strong work ethic, team player, leader
- $90-100k on a Base + Bonus + Excellent Benefits