Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
Salary / Rate Minimum: $155,000
Salary / Rate Maximum: $210,000
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any another type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Supporting the deal team lead on all aspects of renewable energy tax equity investments from early stage to full development, negotiation, approvals, execution
• Managing others within the team, including AVPs and Grads
• Reviewing and manipulating complex deal models and building internal models
• Evaluating due diligence materials (independent engineer and other consultant reports, appraisals/cost seg reports, project documents)
• Researching technical analysis related to transactions developed by the business, review of opinions, and corresponding presentation materials and deal metrics
• Liaising with the firm's internal functions to determine the applicable treatment of proposed transactions and to confirm support, presenting to senior management
• Supporting the deal team lead in negotiating contractual terms and preparation and performing a review of complex legal documentation prepared by external counsel
• Working on the execution of transactions ensuring accurate and complete post trade reporting, and managing ongoing transaction performance
What we’re looking for:
• At least four years’ experience working on renewable energy tax equity transactions (must include solar) in an investment bank or renewable energy developer
• Experience with IFRS/US GAAP accounting, US tax, US/UK bank regulatory capital rules, and US bank regulatory legislation
• Understanding and expertise in renewable energy tax equity models, building models, preparing term sheets and reviewing deal documentation
• Excellent communication and presentation skills; and demonstrable ability to articulate complex and inter-connected concepts clearly
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Good educational background, preferably from a technical or quantitative discipline
• Excellent problem solving skills
• A deep understanding of all aspects of renewable energy tax equity structures and transactions
• Time management and capability to work alone on a number of priorities and to tight deadlines
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 32-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
USD 155000 to 210000