Software Engineer (VP) - Core Engineering - Cloud Enablement
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We Do At Goldman Sachs:
Our engineers solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems in financial services via collaboration and innovation. We build parallel systems, analyzes oceans of data, architect and implement scalable and reliable infrastructure, proactively guard against cyber threats, and continuously deliver technology solutions to connect people and capital for a better economy. Engineering division is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit and lead technology possibilities? Core Engineering provides global thought leadership, solution development, delivery and support for a broad suite of technology products and services at Goldman Sachs. It leverages global expertise to develop leading-edge technology solutions that meet business demands and differentiate the firm's technology offerings in the marketplace. Core Engineering enables the operation of the firm by managing an extensive compute platform and global communication networks, while addressing technology, compliance and reputational risk and resilience.
Com join the Cloud Enablement team's growing Dallas presence within Core Engineering - The team is responsible for enabling the use of public cloud services across the firm. You will be working as part of multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, architecting and building a cutting-edge platform that enable Goldman Sachs teams to deploy and manage services in public cloud safely and securely. We are at an early stage of modernizing our services around cloud native principles, and you will be directly contributing to platform that programmatically enforces safety, security and compliance of services and enables engineers to innovate faster. As part of our global Cloud Enablement team you will work on various components as a Software Engineer. Your role includes specification, development, testing and releasing of new features. The team owns the platforms throughout the lifecycle.
You will to contribute to the vision, understand our customers' needs, business goals, product roadmap and contribute to building an engineering culture within the team. We expect the successful candidate to deliver high quality software and to be passionate about software engineering. You must have a proficient understanding of software development, security and the mechanisms to design safe, resilient and highly-available cloud native services. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Design, develop and manage services in public cloud
• Architect safe, resilient and highly-available distributed services
• Write technical specifications, work with several teams and manage technical dependencies and drive design meetings with various stakeholders for consensus
• Partner with cloud providers such as AWS, GCP and Azure to shape the future of public cloud services for finance industry SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Strong technical ability, willingness to learn and evolve your skills with advances in technology
• Expertise with Linux, containers, system security and automation with scripting languages
• Strong leadership skills, ability to motivate team members and manage projects
• Strong oral and written communication skills Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor or Advanced Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge and experience of software development lifecycle and infrastructure-as-code tooling, such as CloudFormation, Terraform, CDK or Kubernetes
• Experience with security, isolation and multi-tenant design of distributed cloud services
• Familiarity with software artifact and container image lifecycle management and governance
• Understanding of RESTful API design best practices and experience in developing them
• Technical leadership experience of 2+ years ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.