S&P Global Commodity Insights is seeking candidates for the Commodity Associate Program (CAP) who will be trained on how to gather and analyze pricing information for selected commodities in preparation for placement on a team as a commodity price reporter. The Location
: Houston, TX (relocation is not provided, Hybrid) The Team:
Our team is global and you are considered a specialist in the market(s) you will be working in. The Impact:
Do you want to be known as a respected source of essential information and part of a renowned brand? Join a global company with a strong history of growth and a globally diverse workforce. Our real-time news, pricing and analytical services help markets operate with transparency and efficiency.
What's in it for you:
- Get the best of both worlds: a nimble, highly specialized division and a business casual culture operating within the larger S&P Global - a company that cultivates development and growth, as well as work-life balance.
- We are looking for world-class thinkers to join us at S&P Global Commodity Insights, the principal provider of commodity price assessments and information to more than 15,000 customers, including 50 of the largest energy companies. The content you generate and the relationships you build are essential to the markets.
- Associates will write insightful market commentaries that demonstrate Commodity Insights' thought leadership across global commodity markets, demonstrating our ability to spot key trends that help customers better anticipate market-moving events.
- Participate in a 7-month rotational program and receive three weeks of comprehensive initial training followed by two three-month rotations in different commodity sectors and an additional week of training between the two commodity rotations. Final placements on a commodity team are made following successful completion of the training and two rotations.
- During the seven-month program, you will have the opportunity to learn about various aspects of Oil, Power, Natural Gas, LNG, Coal, Petrochemicals, Metals, Agriculture, Shipping and renewable energy markets.
- You will receive exposure to a number of market subjects including supply and demand, infrastructure issues, geo-political issues, transportation and regulation, and how these subjects impact respective markets.
- You will receive training in the price reporting function and will generate price assessments and content (content includes market commentary and news pieces, which power our prices).
- You will be involved in gathering data and market intelligence and conducting analysis on the assessment and reporting process.
- Assess Markets: Evaluate the value of a commodity or set commodities in line with the methodology. Communicate with market participants throughout the day. Be rigorous when using mathematics and excel spreadsheets.
- Write high-quality market commentaries associated with the market assessment. Provide our subscribers with detailed and well-written market commentaries daily with a rationale behind price movements.
- Report news and analysis about the market to help our subscribers understand issues in the marketplace. Relevant stories include news about supply and demand, government data, regulations, trader movement, price trends, geo-politics and other relevant topics blended with creative reporting that generates original news.
- Engage with the industry. Find and nurture new market sources and maintain existing sources to ensure first-hand knowledge of market developments, the need for methodology changes and to ensure the channels of communication are established and open.
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
- Completion of a degree by December 2022 or May 2023
- Journalism majors are preferred but most majors are welcome
- Excellent communication skills (a clear concise writing style is essential, together with good verbal skills and listening techniques).
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills, great attention to detail
- Able to learn quickly, multi-task and work in a dynamic environment
- Able to prioritize throughout the day to meet deadlines
- Intellectually curious and fast learning
- Strong numeracy skills (including statistics; the ability to conceptualize proportional relationships; and an understanding of economic principles)
- Proficient with Excel and other Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Spanish or Portuguese language skills a plus
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
277164 Posted On:
Houston, Texas, United States