Wednesday, September 16, 2020 - 12:00 - Saturday, December 31, 2022 - 12:00
Arab Monetary Fund is a regional Arab financial institution based in Abu Dhabi, with the mission to lay the monetary foundation of Arab economic integration and to accelerate the process of economic development of its member countries. In this context, the AMF supports banking and financial sector development in the Arab States and provide assistance towards its integrity and efficiency. Moreover, the AMF carries out and acts as a technical secretariat for the Council of Arab Ministers of Finance, the Council of Arab Central Banks and Monetary Authorities’ Governors as well as for its sub-committees and task forces.
The AMF is seeking to hire "Financial Sector Specialist- Fintech"
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the implementation of the AMF’s strategy in relation to financial sector development programs and initiatives, including promoting Fintech ecosystem and enhancing digital financial services in Arab countries.
- Support the implementation and follow-up activities of the initiatives in the Arab countries focusing on enhancing Fintech digital financial services and digital economy.
- Formulate technical assistance programs to the Arab countries in developing their financial and banking sector with focus on Fintech and digital financial infrastructure.
- Implementation of various programs and activities related to fostering Fintech ecosystem in Arab countries, jointly conducted with IFIs.
- Delivering training and workshops to the Arab regulatory & supervisory authorities.
- Participation in the work of various committees and task forces, in which AMF acts as a technical Secretariat, such as the Arab Regional Fintech WG, the Financial Inclusion Task Force, as well as Financial Stability Task Force.
- Contribute to various activities in the financial sector with focus on Fintech and digital financial services.
- Conduct researches and working papers, studies and events carried out by the AMF within the framework of its financial sector development mandate.
- Supervisory skills in providing training courses for member countries in the area of Fintech.
Selection criteria, Academic qualifications and experience required:
- Arab Country’s citizen.
- A doctorate degree from a recognized university in the fields of economics or finance.
- Relevant experience in similar fields of work of 4 years in related regulatory & supervisory authorities such as central banks, relevant financial institutions, or regional and international financial institutions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of international principles / guidelines and papers issued by the relevant standard setters such as BIS, IMF, WG, FSB, Basel Committee, FSI, IFSB.
- Knowledge of concepts related to Fintech such as digital transformation, digital ID and eKYC & CDD, digital payments systems, digital financial services, Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT), Artificial Intelligence, and cyber resilience.
- Knowledge of Fintech standards and related financial legislations around the world.
- Knowledge of risks related to Fintech activities, and hoe to mitigate those risks.
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial, banking, and digital financial infrastructure legislations in Arab countries.
- Have recently published refereed researches / articles in reputed scientific journals.
- Fluent in Arabic, English, and French is plus.
The fund offers competitive terms of service in accordance with the applicable employment policy, which includes tax free salary, housing allowance, furniture allowance, air tickets, education allowance, and life & medical insurance
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.