The Arab Monetary Fund (AMF) is an Arab regional organization based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Its main objective is laying monetary foundations of Arab economic integration and accelerating the process of economic development in all Arab Countries. AMF is seeking to recruit an “Investment Risk Officer”.
Monitor credit, market and operational risks associated with investment activities across various asset classes in addition to compliance within Investment policies and guidelines including credit ratings and limits to ensure that investments are within AMF investment objectives, risk tolerance, investment strategy and investment plans.
The position falls under the organization of the Investment Department, and reports to the Chief, Portfolio Management and Banking Relations Division, with a direct reporting line with the Risk Management Unit.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor and report on investment associated risks.
- Perform regular reviews of the credit ratings, limits and exposures of the fixed income portfolios, the funds of hedge funds and property funds.
- Ensure compliance with the investment policies and guidelines, maintaining high quality investments in terms of credit rating, class, and geographical distribution, and reporting any exceptions accordingly.
- Monitor transactions (foreign exchange, debt securities, and externally managed investments funds) to ensure that they are undertaken in accordance with the approved Investment Policy, guidelines, strategy, investment plans and related exposures.
- Monitor market valuation of portfolios and their performance, characteristics and risk parameters relative to benchmarks in order to ensure the timely identification and escalation of potential risks, impact of valuation and potential discrepancies are defined along with their causes. Recommend appropriate course of action and available solutions to address identifies risks.
- Stay up to date with financial markets developments in order to consider the implications of market movements on the Fund’s investment activities and risk exposure and assist in strategy setting and decision making regarding the allocation of investment resources.
- Produce regular reports on risk exposures and compliance with set policies and guidelines.
- Share periodic reports on risks and exposures limits and alignment with investment policy with the Risk Management Unit, and coordinate with it in respect of escalated violations and risks in addition to providing data required by the Risk Management Unit for the purpose of risk assessment against approved risk policies and risk appetite.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or investment management from a reputable university. Preference to graduates holding a Master’s degree, CFA, PRM or FRM designations.
- Minimum 5years of relevant experience in investment and risk management in a financial institution known for its solid discipline and compliance with standards.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Professional use of Bloomberg, Reuters, and other data services.
- Good understanding of financial markets.
- Analytical skills in credit, market and operational risks.
- Skillful escalation and reporting skills.
- Proficient knowledge of investment products.
- Good practical skills in implementing stress testing techniques.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English languages. Knowledge of French is a plus.
The AMF offers competitive terms of service in accordance with the applicable employment policy, which includes tax free salary, housing allowance, furniture allowance, air ticket allowance, education allowance, and defined life and medical insurance.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.